For Forbin

Need something to do while Diablo servers are in a reboot cycle? Why not post here!
Sambucca

For Forbin

Post#1 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:53 pm

I am officailly quitting WOW/D3 Forbes, blizzard has last strawed me. I have attached the 3 e-mails telling me they wont end my contract in WOW for a year after I found out the real money AH is unuseable for me cause I lack a cell phone. then they have the gall to tell me i can't cancel the contract for a year even after i told them too because i can not use every feature in D3. If i had known it was impossible to use everything ingame I would not have signed up. So I have removed all my toons from any and all guilds in WOW and plan on selling all 3 of my accounts. SWTOR is the only game I will be playing from here on out until the Secret World is released. Fuck blizzard...
P.S. If I can sue those mother fuckers let me know. Id appreciate it too if you e-mailed them a nasty legal letter and see if you might be able to get me out of the year contract.
Sam
Attachments
email 3.jpg
e-mail 2.jpg
email 1.jpg

Forbin
Site Admin

Re: For Forbin

Post#2 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Before we can argue that the failure to provide access to the RMAH (which was or was not a feature of the game before launch?), did you note that if you use a key chain authenticator that you can access the RMAH - least from what I read? Dunno if that is an option or I misread it. But if they point to that - then I would indicate that they failed to include that in the "required items" to play the game when the contract was entered, assuming that the RMAH was a feature announced for the game.

Check a couple things:
1) when was RMAH announced
2) whats the deal with the key chain authenticator - it seems RMAH must have the added authenticated security layer.
Former CO, ROL
Forbin - 85 Hunter
Durendal (aka Turpin) - 80 Pali
Pandorum (Ker aka Chara) - 85 Druid
Attono - 85 Shaman

-When ya cant run anymore ya crawl...when ya cant do that....ya find someone to carry you

-If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little. ++George Carlin

Malcolm
Server Admin

Post#3 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:57 am

If you want to do paypal transactions you need the Mobile SMS thingy.

If you just want to keep a "blizzard battle.net balance" (just be able to use the cash for buying Blizz games/other shit) you need an authentication (mobile phone app or keychain).

I went through this a few days ago and I ended up putting both on my company cell because, well, I'm cheap and I don't want to buy my own cell+plan.
Site Admin
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
-- Bertrand Russell

Sambucca

Post#4 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Its been advertised on their main page since the beginning. Hava a look. ..and like Mal said, you need a cell phone to access paypal to return w/e money you make ingame. there is no other way to refund your money to paypal. The authenticator on a chain, lol will only allow you to buy blizz products on their site. Its complete crap Forbes.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/d3/

Forbin
Site Admin

Post#5 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Anything noted in the game requirements for an SMS enabled cell phone?
Former CO, ROL
Forbin - 85 Hunter
Attono - 85 Shaman

-When ya cant run anymore ya crawl...when ya cant do that....ya find someone to carry you

-If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little. ++George Carlin

Sambucca

Post#6 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Didnt see any Forbes, here have a look.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article ... quirements

Malcolm
Server Admin

Post#7 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:59 pm

Amazingly their ToU/EULA don't state you _need_ a cell phone for PayPal interaction; the document just states that they would send an SMS (without giving a definition of what the SMS acronym stands for) for validation when performing a transaction.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/le ... h_tou.html

While we tech people, obviously, know that SMS stands for super-meaty-sammach or sexy-male-strippers those outside the tech realm still think it stands for Short-Messaging-Service.

;)

And, well honestly, even if they still defined it as Short Messaging Service many people would think that means, you know, like an email or something....

PS:

Super-Meaty-Sammach and Sexy-Male-Strippers can actually be the same thing.
themoreyouknow.jpg
themoreyouknow.jpg (26.6 KiB) Viewed 6828 times
Site Admin
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
-- Bertrand Russell

Sambucca

Post#8 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:35 am

So what do we do now Forbes?

Eddard

Post#9 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:14 am

The same thing we do every night Sambucca try and take over the world!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPFSNu_QNs

Ichikiller

Post#10 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Whats goin on peeps. Long time its been. I gave D3 a shot with Kwaz, Kaijin, Ran, Hawk, Alfie, and a few others and needless to say dispite the "potential" the game had i think it was glitchy at best from the start then once the RMAH hit it was game over. Totally ruined it for me not to mention the purely crap apects of the game as a whole. I was SOOOO hoping for something better but alas shoulda known better to expect something wonderful from blizz. Ive been tinkering around on Alexstraza again for a little bit cause there isnt anything else to play atm but id love to hang with you guys elsewhere on whatever game is goin round. Too bad for D3 though....hmm 10 yrs in the making? man they really dropped the ball on it bigtime.

Jurassic

Post#11 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:39 pm

ICHI! :D

I really don't have anything else to say other than that lol.
The thing to remember about nerdy girls is that they are like parking spaces.
The good ones are always taken, and the rest are handicapped and also taken.

Sambucca

Post#12 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:05 am

Summer is here everyone is AFK. lawls

Forbin
Site Admin

Post#13 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm invested in RL atm. However, SWOTR is here and Mechawarrior Online is coming. I'm going to play both. MWOL is based on a really old (not D&D but about the same time as Warhammer came on) tabletop game I played with pen and paper. This embodiment is a first person shooter concept with a twist of added character, role, and faction elements. Its not quite my favorite installment (back around 2000 there was a Microsoft beta that had a territorial/conquer aspect like Eve would evnetually have), but the graphics are sweet.

SWOTR has been great, I love the story arc and the fit and finish is excellent. Sam and Fox have us hooked up with a good group, but my life/work have taken me out of the time for playing with this. Just cannot dedicate the time to sit and play. Been searching for homes, reviewing homes, going through all that, and have a huge uptick in business this summer. I've continued with some of the browser games I can do while working/surfing the net for materials, but I will return when the work outside is done - e.g. when it gets too cold and windy.

Send my best to Kwaz, Alfie, Hawk and everybody - hope to see them in the 'verse sometime soon.
Former CO, ROL
Forbin - 85 Hunter
Attono - 85 Shaman

Sambucca

Post#14 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:21 am

ill be here Forbes when ya get back...barring a bus hitting me when im not looking! haha! Send me pics of the house when you land one! Im dieing to see it!

Forbin
Site Admin

Post#15 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Been landed. Working on getting a branch the size of a small tree off of the resting place it landed in next to the carport lol.
Former CO, ROL
Forbin - 85 Hunter
Attono - 85 Shaman

Return to “Diablo III”